|This is everything you need to know about Collision Repair and Insurance Claims:
Please PRINT this out and keep it in your glovebox to refer back to.
A Few Claim Handling GUIDELINES:
1. You Only Need ONE ESTIMATE.
What we have found is that the only reason they ask for other
estimates is so that they can see which is the cheapest and only
pay from that one.
2. YOU CHOOSE the Body Shop.
We are Not on any insurance company's "preferred" list of body
shops. You are our customer, not the insurance company. Many shops that
sign up to be on their lists agree to save the ins. co. money so that they
get work sent their way. by whatever means necesssary which will effect
your repairs. Please be aware of the insurance tactics they use to get
you to go somewhere else:
"Well, if you take it to one of our shops, they will guarantee the work. Does Boutwell's?"
We do guarantee our work. It's all about customer satisfaction.
"We are only going to pay this amount. If you take it to Boutwell's, you'll have to pay the
Even though, no matter where the vehicle is repaired, they owe the bill.
The only thing that you might owe is your deductible.
3. If the ins. co. wants you to sign their estimate, it may mean that you are
approving the use of counterfeit/ aftermarket parts. These parts are normally
made overseas and have not been crash tested. Our experience with them has
not been good and we will not warranty their use. We recommend new or used
factory parts which have been crash tested and are warrantied by your vehicle's
|Our mission since we started in 1979, is to provide quality repairs and great
service to our customers.
|Remember: Your Vehicle is you 2nd LARGEST Investment.
If you are feeling a little uncomfortable or you just have some questions, feel
free to give us a call. We would be glad to help you.
If You've Just Been In an Accident:
1. Stop Immediately, but do not obstruct traffic.
2. Assist the Injured, have someone contact the police and paramedics if necessary.
3. Secure Names, Phone Numbers, Addresses of other drivers, Witnesses and
4. Secure Make, Model, License Numbers of all cars involved.
5. Make a Rough Drawing of the scene, showing position of cars and other details.
6. Don't hastily accept claim settlement at the scene of the accident.
7. Remain calm, courteous, and consistent in your version of the accident.
8. Call us to schedule an estimate. We can even come to you to do the estimate.
9. If the vehicle is not drivable, please call a wrecking company to have it towed to us.
10. Contact your insurance company to let them about the claim and where the
vehicle will be repaired.
Boutwell Collision Center, Inc.
16605 State Route 12 East
Findlay, Ohio 45840